New Variorum Shakespeare Digital Challenge
This interface was created as an entry for the New Variorum Shakespeare Digital Challenge sponsored by the Modern Language Association. It should be viewed as a proof of concept of several features we would like to see in new digital editions. Notable features in this iteration are:
- User-owned annotations using Google Fusion tables
- Dynamic and sharable media annotations using Google Spreadsheets
- Text/image-region linking (Images kindly provided by the Folger Shakespeare Library)
- Linking of place names to map image
If we had another month, we would have added:
- Dynamic connection between Google spreadsheets and Fusion Tables
- Conversion of all data files to Google Fusion tables (possible given approximately another week)
- Integration of the textual notes into the main text.
- Dynamic pagination of text (at present the text is pre-paginated and cached)
We hope you enjoy what you find here and share our excitement at the future possibilities this interface suggests.